Last fall, we conducted surveys of current transit riders and members of the community at-large. If you completed a survey, thank you! We randomly selected winners of VISA gift cards from among those who completed surveys. All winners have been notified via the contact information they provided. Congratulations to:
- The Bus customer survey winners: Allen, Craig, John, and Leon
- CATC Dial-A-Ride customer survey winners: Pat, Robert, and Joe
- Community survey winners: Oksana, Cheryll.
- Stakeholder survey winner: First Christian Church
A summary of findings from each of the surveys is provided below.
The Bus Customer Survey – Key Findings
- The Blue Route was the most popular, representing 45% of responses.
- Transfers were used by 41% of riders.
- Tokens were the most popular method of payment (48%).
- Work (35%) and Shopping (31%) were the most common trip purposes.
- The majority of riders have either ridden The Bus for five or more years (32%) or for less than six months (26%).
- More than half of riders (59%) ride The Bus three days per week or more.
- Walking is the most likely alternative to riding The Bus for 55% of riders, but another 22% said they would not make the trip.
- The Bus riders expressed a desire for later/longer weekday service hours and more frequent service. 66% said they would ride more often if their desired improvement were introduced.
- 86% of survey respondents said they did not have regular access to a personal vehicle.
- 63% reported an annual household income of $25,000 or less.
Community/Household Survey – Preliminary Findings (as of December 2, 2020)
- 36% said they had ridden transit in Casper within the past year.
- 77% of transit rider respondents said they had no access to a car.
- Among those who do not ride transit, half said it was because they preferred to drive their own car.
- 91% of respondents are aware of transit options in Casper, but 61% have never ridden.
- 91% of respondents noted transit provides a valuable service to the community and supports the local economy.
CATC Dial-A-Ride Customer Survey – Key Findings
- 68% of respondents ride two times per week or less.
- Healthcare/medical trips (58%) are the most common trip types.
- Respondents cited using a ticket (42%) or cash (32%) to pay for their trip.
- 56% of respondents ride CATC because they don’t drive or no longer drive.
- 92% of surveyed riders indicated using CATC for trips within Casper.
- 98% of surveyed riders indicated living in Casper.