Check this page frequently to monitor the project’s progress. We’ll post reports, summaries, presentations, and other information about the project as they become available.
Community Outreach Summary
Several outreach activities have been completed in support of this project. These include rider and community surveys, stakeholder surveys, community workshops, and stakeholder roundtables. There is still time to provide input to the project – visit the Contact Us page to submit your comments or questions online.
Preliminary Service Ideas
Several preliminary service ideas have been identified through surveys; discussions with MPO, City, and CATC staff; and input from stakeholders. The following service ideas are under consideration as part of this project:
- Improving on-time performance/system reliability.
- Increasing the use of technology for fare payment and real-time vehicle location.
- Increase service frequency on the Blue Route to 30 minutes and/or introduce bidirectional service.
- Extend weekday service hours to 9:00 p.m. on a trial basis.
- Improve amenities at bus stops (benches, shelters, signage, etc.).
- Introduce on-demand service to the airport on a trial basis.
- Consider partnering with local taxi/shuttle companies to extend weekday service hours or expand weekend service on a trial basis.
- Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of a TNC ride-subsidy program to extend weekday service hours or expand weekend service.
- Evaluate increasing frequency on the Blue Route while transitioning to general public on-demand service in other parts of the service area.
- Implement an ongoing marketing program.
Each of the 19 preliminary recommendations will be discussed during the project’s virtual workshop scheduled for Monday, March 22, 2021 starting at 6:00 pm MT. Community members are encouraged to attend this meeting by logging in to Microsoft Teams, watching on the City’s YouTube channel at 6:00 pm -7:30 pm, or tuning into Channel 192. If you are unable to attend, don’t worry! You can watch the meeting on YouTube afterwards!
We continue to accept input from the community as we evaluate feedback already received through surveys, workshops, and roundtables.